What is Mastercard Travel Rewards?
Mastercard Travel Rewards offers Mastercard cardholders enrolled in the program access to a range of exclusive and cashback offers whenever they travel or shop. Simply pay with a Mastercard at participating overseas merchants online or instore to participate.
What is a "qualifying transaction" or "eligible purchase"?
Merchants may provide to eligible Mastercard cardholders certain discounts, rebates or other benefits on the purchases of goods and services ("Offers") that will be available on the Mastercard Site. Such Offers are subject to certain Terms & Conditions and may change at any time without notice to you. Merchants may also have different payment acceptance criteria for online purchases (e.g., debit or prepaid cards may not be accepted). This criteria is determined by the merchant in its discretion and may be visible on the Merchant website. Mastercard will not be liable for any loss or damage incurred as a result of any interaction between you and a merchant with respect to such Offers. Except as set forth herein, all matters, including but not limited to delivery of goods and services, returns, and warranties are solely and strictly between you and the applicable merchants. You acknowledge that Mastercard does not endorse or warrant the merchants that are accessible through the Mastercard Site nor the Offers that they provide.
If applicable, all offer redemption is dependent on merchant shipping policies and availability to cardholder's shipping address.
For all offers that are specified as “unlock additional online offers” cashback is not earned on shipping, handling, tax or the purchase and/or use of gift vouchers, which for avoidance of doubt, includes gift cards, gift certificates, or any other similar cash equivalents.
Can I earn cashback from purchases in my home country with Mastercard Travel Rewards?
For all offers that are specified as “spend in-store,” you need to travel to the advertised destination to be eligible for the offer.
For offers that are specified for "spend online," you can qualify for the offer in your home country provided you make a purchase using an enrolled Mastercard and at a participating merchant while using the offer’s specified currency and meeting all of the cashback offer’s applicable advertised terms.
Do I need to enroll in Mastercard Travel Rewards?
Individual Mastercard cardholders do not need to enroll or register with the program, for offers that are specified as “spend in-store” offers or offers specified as “online offers automatic rewards” as your bank will handle that process. Once your bank has determined your eligibility and introduced you to Mastercard Travel Rewards, all eligible cashback transactions will be processed automatically. To check if your Mastercard is eligible, simply contact the bank that issued your card.
Individual eligible Mastercard Travel Rewards cardholders are required to register on the Mastercard Site to be eligible for offers specified as “unlock additional online offers”. You’ll earn cashback when you access the merchant’s site through the provided link on mtr.mastercardservices.com. However, do take note that each cardholder can only register for one Mastercard Travel Rewards Account, and only one Card can be linked to a single Account. This means that the cashback can only be earned on a single Account and Card.
I forgot to sign in to the Mastercard Site before shopping with a merchant. Can I still have my cashback?
Sorry, but we’re unable to allocate cashback for any purchases that did not originate from the mtr.mastercardservices.com site. The next time you shop, always access the merchant’s website via the link provided on the Mastercard Site so we can track your visit and allocate cashback.
How is the cashback processed? Do I need to do anything to make sure it is processed?
Cashback is processed automatically if you (cardholder) have followed the terms of the offer, which may require registration and shopping via the link provided on the Mastercard Site.
Each rebate will include an identifier such as "Mccashback" in the description on your card statement.
Is my cashback for offers specified as “unlock additional online offers” immediately credited to my Mastercard Travel Rewards Account?
- When you make an eligible purchase from a participating merchant, via the link provided on the Mastercard site, the transaction will appear in your Mastercard Travel Rewards Transaction History as ’Pending’ within 5 working days.
- We'll confirm the transaction with the merchant before updating the transaction status to 'Approved'. This process can typically take 60-120 days but sometimes longer and is subject to the merchant's Terms & Conditions.
- Please note that for hotel and travel bookings, your cashback award will be approved within 90-120 days from the last day of your stay, travel booking or policy, contract or subscription start date, but in some cases it can take longer and is subject to the Merchant’s Terms & Conditions.
- Once shown as “Approved”, the cashback will be reflected in your Mastercard Travel Account within 24 hours and be pushed to your enrolled card within an estimated 72 hours. However, it will take some time for it to be credited to the Card registered to the Account with the exact timeframe being dependent on your bank.
What happens if I cancel a purchase I’ve made or want a refund?
You can cancel purchases and get a refund in the usual way that you would do directly with the merchant, subject to the merchant’s Terms & Conditions. However, you will not earn cashback for any cancelled or refunded orders. If you cancel a purchase after the cashback has been posted to your Mastercard Travel Rewards account, we reserve the right to deduct such cashback from your account.
I signed into my Mastercard Travel Rewards Account and made purchases for offers specified as “unlock additional online offers” via the provided URL for the merchant for shopping, but my orders are not showing up in my Account – what could be the cause?
- It takes up to 5 working days for a purchase to display as ‘Pending’.
- It may be that the web browser used at the time of purchase had cookies disabled. Cookies allow us to track your purchase - without them there’s no way for the system to allocate cashback to your Account.