What is Mastercard Travel Rewards?
Mastercard Travel Rewards offers Mastercard cardholders enrolled in the program access to a range of exclusive and cashback offers whenever they travel or shop. Simply pay with a Mastercard at participating overseas merchants online or instore to participate.
What is a "qualifying transaction" or "eligible purchase"?
Merchants may provide to eligible Mastercard cardholders certain discounts, rebates or other benefits on the purchases of goods and services ("Offers") that will be available on the Mastercard Site. Such Offers are subject to certain Terms & Conditions and may change at any time without notice to you. Merchants may also have different payment acceptance criteria for online purchases (e.g., debit or prepaid cards may not be accepted). This criteria is determined by the merchant in its discretion and may be visible on the Merchant website. Mastercard will not be liable for any loss or damage incurred as a result of any interaction between you and a merchant with respect to such Offers. Except as set forth herein, all matters, including but not limited to delivery of goods and services, returns, and warranties are solely and strictly between you and the applicable merchants. You acknowledge that Mastercard does not endorse or warrant the merchants that are accessible through the Mastercard Site nor the Offers that they provide.
If applicable, all offer redemption is dependent on merchant shipping policies and availability to cardholder's shipping address.
For all offers that are specified as “Click to Use” cashback is not earned on shipping, handling, tax or the purchase and/or use of gift vouchers, which for avoidance of doubt, includes gift cards, gift certificates, or any other similar cash equivalents.
What is the difference between the types of offers on Mastercard Travel Rewards?
To learn more about our offer types, please click on the “How to Use” button at the top navigation bar to find out more details on our offers and how to utilize them.
Can I earn cashback from purchases in my home country with Mastercard Travel Rewards?
For all offers that are specified in a specific destination, cardholders will need to travel to the destination and make the purchase to be eligible for the offer.
For offers that are specified for "Online Offers" you can qualify for the offer in your home country provided you make a purchase using an enrolled Mastercard and at a participating merchant while using the offer’s specified currency and meeting all of the cashback offer’s applicable advertised terms.
Do I need to enroll in Mastercard Travel Rewards?
Individual Mastercard cardholders do not need to enroll or register with the program, for offers that are specified as “Ready to Use” offers or offers specified as “online offers automatic rewards” as your bank will handle that process. Once your bank has determined your eligibility and introduced you to Mastercard Travel Rewards, all eligible cashback transactions will be processed automatically. To check if your Mastercard is eligible, simply contact the bank that issued your card.
Individual eligible Mastercard Travel Rewards cardholders are required to register on the Mastercard Site to be eligible for offers specified as “Add to Card” and “Click to Use” offers. For “Click to Use” offers, you’ll earn cashback when you access the merchant’s site through the provided link on mtr.mastercardservices.com. However, please note that each cardholder can register for a Mastercard Travel Rewards Account, and multiple eligible cards from the same issuer may be added under that same account. This means that the cashback can be earned on each eligible card in a registered account.
I forgot to sign in to the Mastercard Site before shopping with a merchant. Can I still have my cashback?
Sorry, but we’re unable to allocate cashback for any purchases that did not originate from the mtr.mastercardservices.com site. The next time you shop, always access the merchant’s website via the link provided on the Mastercard Site so we can track your visit and allocate cashback.
How is the cashback processed? Do I need to do anything to make sure it is processed?
Cashback is processed automatically if you (cardholder) have followed the terms of the offer, which may require registration and shopping via the link provided on the Mastercard Site.
Each rebate will include an identifier such as "Mccashback" in the description on your card statement.
Is my cashback for offers specified as “Click to use” immediately credited to my Mastercard Travel Rewards Account?
- When you make an eligible purchase from a participating merchant, via the link provided on the Mastercard site, the transaction will appear in your Mastercard Travel Rewards Transaction History as ’Pending’ within 5 working days.
- We'll confirm the transaction with the merchant before updating the transaction status to 'Approved'. This process can typically take up to 120 days for offers specified as “Click to Use” and is subject to the merchant's Terms & Conditions.
- Please note that for hotel and travel bookings, your cashback award will be approved within 120 days from the last day of your stay, travel booking or policy, contract or subscription start date, and is subject to the Merchant’s Terms & Conditions.
- Once shown as “Approved”, the cashback will be reflected in your Account Summary within 24 hours and be pushed to your enrolled card within an estimated 72 hours. However, it will take some time for it to be credited to the Card registered to the Account with the exact timeframe being dependent on the issuing bank.
What happens if I cancel a purchase I’ve made or want a refund?
You can cancel purchases and get a refund in the usual way that you would do directly with the merchant, subject to the merchant’s Terms & Conditions. However, you will not earn cashback for any cancelled or refunded orders. If you cancel a purchase after the cashback has been posted to your Mastercard Travel Rewards account, we reserve the right to deduct such cashback from your account.
I signed into my Mastercard Travel Rewards Account and made purchases for offers specified as “Click to Use” via the provided URL for the merchant for shopping, but my orders are not showing up in my Account – what could be the cause?
- It takes up to 5 working days for a purchase to display as ‘Pending’.
- It may be that the web browser used at the time of purchase had cookies disabled. Cookies allow us to track your purchase - without them there’s no way for the system to allocate cashback to your Account.
My cookies are enabled but my purchases for offers specified as “Click to Use” still aren’t showing up in my Account?
Here are some best practice guidelines to help make sure you receive your cashback:
- Make sure you sign in to your Mastercard Travel Rewards account before clicking on the ‘Access this offer now’ button on the Mastercard Site.
- Complete your purchase online, all in one session.
- If you decide after check-out that you want to purchase something else, close the merchant site window and start the process again, starting from the Mastercard Site.
- All participating retailers’ transaction are tracked through cookies. It is your responsibility to ensure that cookies are enabled in your browser and not cleared before the transaction. In addition, the security software on your computer should not result in any interruptions of the browser cookie tracking.
- Do not retrieve previously saved items in your shopping cart; start completely from scratch.
- Do not click on another banner or website promoting the merchant before you complete your transaction. If you must visit another site before completing your purchase, please use a different browser to do so. Interrupting the browser session that started from the Mastercard Site can affect tracking.
- Do not use "refer a friend" programs, again this changes the referrer.
- Telephoning the merchant to complete or modify your order will likely override the mtr.mastercardservices.com tracking (and therefore your cashback).
- Increasingly some internet security and ad blocking software programs prevent the special tracking codes we need to track your purchases. Please disable your program before using the Mastercard Site.
- Don’t use a coupon code which isn’t displayed on the mtr.mastercardservices.com site at the time of your purchase.
- Don’t switch to another country’s link within the merchant’s site for making a purchase as most merchants would not track the purchase if the country’s domain has changed.
- Make sure the merchant site cookies are accepted when you land on the merchant site from mtr.mastercardservices.com
Why has my cashback for offers specified as “Click to Use” been cancelled?
Purchases may be cancelled for a number of reasons. The most common are:
- You have returned the products you purchased to the merchant
- Your payment failed, or you didn't meet the requirements of the merchant’s credit check
- Your last click with this merchant didn't come from the merchant under the “access this offer now” section of the Mastercard site
- Your transaction didn't meet the merchant’s Terms & Conditions
- Your transaction has been deemed not for genuine personal use
- You didn't accept the merchant’s site cookies
Why have I earned more or less cashback with the same merchant for offers specified as “Click to Use”?
Cashback rates can increase or decrease, but the current rate is always displayed on the Mastercard Site so remember to look at the current rate at the time you complete your purchase to know what rebate amount to expect.
What is the difference between an offer that is shown with a blue flag and an offer that is shown with an orange flag?
Offers with a blue flag are most relevant for small businesses, while offers with an orange flag are considered premium offers. Regardless of which color flag is shown on an offer, all eligible consumer and small business cardholders can take advantage of any offer.
Why do I need to ‘’add to card’’ for some offers?
Some merchants require cardholders to opt-in to their offers to be eligible for cash back rewards.
How does the “add to card” feature work?
Cardholders must click on the ‘’add to card‘’ button to activate the offer. Once the offer is activated, cardholders can shop at that merchant and receive the cash back rewards. Cash back will not be rewarded if the offer was activated after the purchase.
Do “add to card” and other offers vary by country?
Yes, offers vary by destination. Add to Card and Click to Use Offers are not currently available to U.S. cardholders and other markets. Log in or register to see what offers are available.
How can I check if the offer was successfully activated?
If the offer is successfully activated, the “add to card” button will change to “added to card” and no longer be clickable.
Is there a limit on how many offers I can activate?
There is no limit; cardholders may activate as many offers as are available. Each offer is only eligible once per quarter.
How often do I need to activate offers?
Activated offers are updated quarterly. Cardholders must “add to card” each quarter for eligible offers.
What should I do if I activated the offer and then shopped from the merchant, but didn’t receive my cash back?
You will need to call your bank and provide the information requested. Your bank will investigate the matter further in conjunction with Mastercard. Please note that it may take up to 30 days for a rebate to be credited and show on the cardholder’s statement.
How can I check on the status of my cashback?
Please click on your name go to “View Account Summary” at the top navigation bar to view the qualifying transactions you have made and the status of your cashback. Please note that it will take some time for cashback to be credited after “Approved Date” . The exact timeframe is dependent on your bank
If I have multiple cards from the same issuer, can I add them to the same account? Can I update my default card?
To update your default card, please click on your name and go to “Manage Cards” at the top navigation bar. Here you can add new cards and select one as your Default Card. Please note that you are only able to add multiple cards from the same Issuer (Credit, Debit, Prepaid) based on the card used during the initial registration. A maximum of 5 cards can be added.
Is the cashback processed immediately at the point of sale?
The cashback is not processed immediately and will not reduce the purchase price of goods and services at the point of sale. The processing of cashback offers is undertaken quickly, but not instantly, by automated Mastercard systems, and appears as a credit on your card statement. Cashback will take up to 30 days to be processed for offers classified as “Ready to Use” and “Add to Card”, and typically up to 120 days for offers specified as “Click to Use” offers”.
Is there a limit on the number of purchases I can make with each merchant brand?
The Terms & Conditions of each offer are specified on the program website. Simply check these Terms & Conditions on each offer as they have different validity periods.
What if I receive my card statement and I have not been credited any cashback from a qualifying transaction?
For cardholder support and enquiries related to Mastercard Travel Rewards, please contact your bank. They will assist you with:
- General enquiries and support
- Transaction-related queries
- Lost or stolen cards
Does Covid impact my offers?
In light of the evolving COVID-19 situation, we would recommend that you check merchant websites for availability and temporary closings. Our cardholders, customers, partners and employees are our highest priority.